Friday, November 14, 2008

NARCISSIST

PEOPLE who often praise their self annoys me! Who don’t?

People have different attitude, personality and whatever differences. But sometimes, there are some people who loves to tell stories about their selves na 'yung parang sinasabi nila na sila ang magaling... parang gusto nila, sila lang ‘yung bida… 'yung tipong lahat taob sa kanya at ayaw na may lumalamang sa kanya... these kinds of people irritates me.

Hindi ako namimili ng makakausap, anyone who wants to talk to me, as long as I have the time, at okay 'yung gustong pag-usapan, nakikipag-usap ako. But there are times talaga na may makakausap ka na may Narcissism attitude. ‘Yung tipong gusto niya na siya ang laging bida… laging angat sa lahat at siya lang ang maraming maganda at masayang kuwento.

One time, somebody is telling me about her college years and other stuffs about her life way way back. At the same time, am telling her also about my college years and some stuffs about me in the past and the conversation was so nice. Suddenly, somebody came in to the scenario and start to tell lots of things about her self. Though most of her stories was been told many times, still, I listened attentively because I don't want to be rude and I don't want to hurt her feelings kapag sinabi kong narinig ko na dati pa ang kuwento niya. Hindi ko alam kung aware ba siya napaulit-ulit na lang minsan ang mga story or hindi.

Minsan tolerable ang ganitong bagay... ang nakakairita lang talaga 'yung kapag 'yung ibang tao naman ang magkukuwento, sa halip na siya naman ang makinig... ngek... lagi siyang may pantapat na mas maganda at mas magaling sa kuwento ng ibang tao.

Yeah it irritates me kapag may nae-encounter akong ganitong klase ng tao, 'yung nga lang, rather to stop her/him, I still listen even though the story was been told a hundred time… I don’t want to be rude kasi and I don't want to hurt her/his feeling somehow.

Anyway… to wrap this post... I just have one question for these kinds of people… are they aware about their narcissistic attitude? There’s nothing wrong naman in sharing personal stories… but it will be better if you will learn on how to listen to the stories of other people, right?

Whoever loves becomes humble.
Those who love have, so to speak,
pawned a part of their narcissism.
— Sigmund Freud

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hay naku, wendy gurl...sumasakit ang ulo ko makinig sa mga ganyang tao. Promise. May ganyan akong friend noon...ayun, di ko siya natagalan. tsk tsk