Monday, September 25, 2006

BREAK MUNA... LOVENOTES

HAPPY Monday at ito na marahil ang pinakamahaba kong post.
Masyadong busy ang Monday ko… sobra! But thank God at na-manage naman nang maayos!
I’ll be out tomorrow, break muna! Uuwi ako ng province, miss na miss ko na kasi family ko, ‘yung dalawa kong kapatid, my mom and my dad, lahat ng pinsan ko, tito and tita at ang pakikipagkulitan ko sa aking lola!
Anyway… may iiwan ko mula sa lovenote’s ni Joe ‘d Mango. I admit na avid fan ako ng lovenote’s, every Friday, nakikinig talaga ako nito sa wave89.1, nagbabasa rin every Wednesday and Sunday sa newspaper, waiting na mabasa ang story ko… charing!!! Joke lang ‘yun ah!
Ito ‘yung story na narinig ko na at nai-record ko pa using Nokia 5510 (sad lang sira na ‘yung 5510 na mobile kung saan ito naka-record) at pagkatapos, accidentally, nakita ko pa sa net at 'di ko na lang maalala kung saang site.
Enjoy reading, ganda ng advice ni Joe. See you on Wednesday!
.
Dear Joe,
It's been seven years since I met Marco, the man of my dreams. I was a high school senior and he was in college. He respected me, loved me, and took care of me. I thought things would be perfect for us, until one day Marco told me to forget him. I was shocked. Had I become a bad girlfriend? Then he confessed that his ex-girlfriend Marla was two months pregnant.
Joe, I never expected how much it would hurt. He married Marla and became a responsible father. Meanwhile, I graduated, moved on and went to the US.
Now it's been five years, and I'm back in my hometown. I looked for a job and met people. I actually met Marco once on the busy streets of Makati. We were both speechless. We had coffee, and I was excited to be with him again. Then I saw the wedding ring on his finger. It reminded me that he was already married. All he said was sorry. I looked straight into his eyes, and I wanted to scream and tell him how much he had hurt me. But his eyes melted my heart as and I felt instead like I wanted to kiss and hug him.
I asked him how he was. He told me he was fine, that he had one kid and didn't plan to have another. I was surprised when he told me the name of his daughter—it was my name. I was really touched and ended up crying. All these years, Joe, I thought I had moved on, but I was wrong.
He told me he loved me still. I never dreamed I would consider being a mistress. I could take him away from his wife but I couldn't take him away from his daughter. Now I'm so confused. I know which is the right thing to do, but I'm having a hard time ignoring him. I love him, Joe. I really do.
.
Sincerely yours,
Kathy
.
Dear Kathy,
There comes a time when the only way to love a person is not to love him at all. Marco sacrificed his own happiness for a responsibility he owed his ex-girlfriend and her child. His commitment to his responsibility outweighed his commitment to your relationship. But, as many would say, true love will always have a way of working its way back, no matter how long it has gone or how far it has been.
Marco said he still loves you. It is easy to blame him for leaving you. But he had his reasons and his reasons were noble. He had to sacrifice his own happiness for a child who is going to bear his name. That meant making a decision, and when he walked down the aisle with the mother of his child it also meant that he would not look back anymore.
When your paths crossed again, he saw what he missed. But marriage doesn't have any room for a second love. You have a place in his heart but not in his life now. That is the sad fact. And no matter how much love there is left in your heart, you will still have to be bound by reason and principle. As you said, you could never take him away from his daughter.
Kathy, not all fairy tales have happy endings. You have moved on and this brief interlude with a lost love should not keep you from going. Marco has his own life and family now. You could have a home in his heart forever but you should keep yourself from breaking into his real home. He belongs to someone else now, and you should, too.
Remember that no matter how long we have waited and failed, there will always be someone out there who will love us the way we want to be loved. There is always someone out there whom we can walk with and share our joys with. There is someone meant for us. All we have to do is believe that there is and give ourselves the chance to find it.

16 comments:

Sidney said...

Very good advice!

Anonymous said...

Halu! nasan kana sa province parin ba? sige enjoy ka lang dyan with you're folks.

fan ka pala ni Joe! makahingi nga ng advise sa kanya...LoL *wink*

Wendy said...

Sidney... Thanks for dropping by!

Yorokobee... Hey, nice pix gurl! Dito na ko sa city kaninang umaga pa. Ngayon lang nakapag-open ng blog kasi, sobrang dami ng ginawang trabaho, naghabol kasi ako eh... naks!
Yeah, fan ako ni Joe... ahihihi... Thanks sa comment.

Anonymous said...

wwooooww what a sad love story...

and "joe the apple mango" did a great advice as well

hehehe wala lang

JM said...

magaling mag advise si joe! may isa pa akong binabasa sa inq. yung column ni Emily's Post.

Wendy said...

Kneeko... si Joe pa! Oks talaga mga advice ni joe lalo na kapag heart talk *wink*

Juana... Thanks sa comment, emily's post, try ko hanapin sa Inq para mabasa rin. *smile*

Anonymous said...

surprise! new icon again*wink*
sabi kasi ni hubby panget daw yon kaya pinalitan ko.

have a nice day!

Wendy said...

Yorokobee... Naks naman! Mas gusto ko yung dati, malayo itong isa.
Anyway... keep on smiling! Cause smiling makes you beautiful... naks *wink*

Anonymous said...

wendy, enjoy your holiday with you love ones. ingat and God bless...

JoLoGs QuEeN said...

jologs wave

wala talagang paltos
itong si kuya joe..

aun lang eh lovelife
ka nun kasing ganda rin
ng mga advises nya..

Wendy said...

Rho... Oo naman, gurl, buhay pa siya no, nakikinig pa nga ako every Friday, maliban kanina dahil sa sobrang habulan sa trabaho.

Iskoo... Nag-enjoy ako kaso bitin talaga, sobra. Inabot nga kami (me, my sister and my tita) ng 1:00am sa kuwentuhan.

Jologs Queen... Ei Jologs Queen, musta na, nice to see you again here in my space (naks!). Thanks sa comment girl!

Unknown said...

quite interesting lovenotes.

great advise form Joe, totally agree with it.

have a great weekend wendy!

Anonymous said...

Kung lahat nga lang nang naghihingi ng payo ay sumusunod...madalas kasi kapag pag-ibig na ang pinag-uusapan maraming nasisira. Sana laging mangibabaw ang isip sa puso.

Wendy said...

Cruise... Thank Cruise sa comment. Smile always!

'Te Ann... dapat na mangibabaw ang isip sa puso... *wink*
Salamat sa comment... Happy Sunday!

Mmy-Lei said...

nsa province ka pa ba? musta naman sila dun? musta naman jan sa lugar nyo, may kuryente na ba?

hehehe, sorry ha di ako mahilig kay joe!

Wendy said...

Mmy-lei... nakabalik na ako ng city bago dumating si Milenyo... nasa city rin ako ng kasalukuyan siyang humahagupit at nasa city rin ako nang lumabas siya ng 'Pinas. 4 days and 1/2 kaming walang ilaw... pero ngayon oks na.

Hehe... ganu'n ba, wala kang hilig kay Joe, me, i love listening to his program.

Smile mmy-lei.